Your Best Friend in Pest Control & Termite Services

parallax banner

Why is Mold Exposure Harmful? How to Get Rid of Dangerous Mold Spores in Your Absecon, NJ House

Discovering you have mold in your home can be extremely upsetting. Knowing as much about mold as you can is the best way to understand how it starts to grow in your home and the best way to eliminate it. There are times when mold is a small, smelly inconvenience while other times it can be a big problem. You will get the most success by taking steps to get a handle on it as quickly as you can, but even advanced cases of mold can be conquered.

The Science Behind Mold

Mold can be found anywhere, and if conditions are right, it can grow on just about any substance. You have the potential for mold growth any time mold spores are introduced to an environment that is moist. Mold spores are a byproduct of mold. Mold spores travel through air currents in and outside of your home. That means mold can quickly spread from one area of your home to another. As soon as mold spores find an ideal environment to live on, they will continue to grow until they are stopped. The rate of growth will depend on the moisture and food that is available. Food sources for mold include dust, cellulose, and other organic materials. Moisture can come from leaking pipes, roofing issues, or additional sources. Unfortunately, your home provides many places that provide the perfect environment such as carpets, the padding under them, drywall and plywood, to name a few.

How to Get Rid of Mold

It’s a mistake to think that getting rid of moisture and food sources is enough to stop mold growth. Mold will just become dormant and if you don’t take steps to remove it completely, it will just wait until food and moisture becomes available again and reactivate itself. You can see why it can be so difficult to get rid of mold. It takes more than spraying chemicals on it. You need to make sure that the mold has been killed completely. After you spray it, you have to remove it, otherwise it will return, and you’ll be back to square one.

Why is Mold Exposure Harmful

Not only is mold ugly, it can cause health issues for you and your family. Spots of mold can make your home look dirty and unkempt. Mold can also cause respiratory and other issues and if someone already has issues with their immune system these health issues can become worse. Keep in mind that even the healthiest of people can develop health problems with exposure to mold. Mold issues are complex and if a spot is missed, you will have a problem on your hands in no time. Professionals know the ins and outs when it comes to mold. They will have a better chance at removing it completely because they have the right methods and experience to do it.

Mold Removal, Remediation & Prevention

Are you sick because you have a cold, or is it possible you have mold growing in your home? If you discover mold, let the professionals at Ross Environmental Solutions get rid of mold the right way the first time around. Give us a call today!

Have Pest Control Questions? Call Us!

Get 100% Guaranteed Solution!    call us 1-888-399-7677