What Repels & Keeps Mosquitoes Away from My Patio in Woodbury, NJ? Mosquito Control & More
Mosquitoes have ruined many good BBQs during the summer months. Their irritating buzz and even more irritating and itchy bites make them one of the most hated pests of the summer. Many people will do almost anything in their power to get rid of these insects. However hard people may try, getting rid of them completely is harder than you might think. This is why Ross Environmental Solutions is here to share some tips to help make your backyard as unappealing as possible for mosquitoes this summer.
How Do I Limit Mosquitoes in My Yard?
Some things homeowners can do are quite simple to get mosquitoes out of their backyard so that they can enjoy the summer months. Following are our best tips for making your backyard a place that mosquitoes don’t want to be.
– Get Rid of Standing Water: One of the biggest problems that people have that attracts mosquitoes is water. When you have any standing water anywhere in your backyard, you are creating the prime place for mosquitoes to lay their eggs. You are sure to see them buzzing around when you make it that easy to reproduce. Even the smallest puddles are enough for a mosquito to lay her eggs. In fact, it only takes as little as one inch of water. Get rid of any standing water to get rid of them.
– Keep Landscaping Neat: When your landscaping is overgrown it also creates a place for mosquitoes. They don’t like to be in hot weather and will hide out in the shade of your landscaping if it is wild and unkempt. Keeping your shrubs and plants trimmed and neat will help eliminate this problem.
– Get a Fan: If you have an outdoor space like a patio where you like to entertain, you will want some airflow. A slight breeze is usually enough to keep mosquitoes away. Think about getting a fan of some sort that can keep the air moving all the time to make it difficult for mosquitoes to land on you and bite.
– Consider a Mosquito Net: There are many companies that make nets that allow you to enclose your patio area and keep all bugs away, including mosquitoes. This is the ultimate move to make it so they can’t get to you.
– Pest Control Services: The best way to ensure that mosquitoes aren’t taking over your backyard is with a pest professional. At Ross Environmental Solutions, we have the experience and expertise needed to make sure you’re not overrun with mosquitoes this summer. Our mosquito treatments will help to deter them from your backyard so that you can enjoy these warm months that summer has to offer.