How Do You Know if You have Termites in Atlantic City, NJ? Termite Wood Damage, Mud Tubes & More
The absolute last thing you want to deal with as a homeowner is a termite infestation. It is one of the most dreaded pest infestations that a homeowner can experience. Termites cost homeowners thousands of dollars in damages every single year. The best way to avoid this costly damage is catch a termite problem right away. This can be difficult if you aren’t sure how to detect termites in the first place. Ross Environmental Solutions is here to talk about some of the signs you may notice if you have a termite problem.
Common Signs of a Termite Infestation
If you suspect that you have a termite infestation, there are certain signs that you should be looking for. Here are some of the most common signs of termite activity.
– Termite Wood Damage: If a termite infestation has gotten to the point that you are noticing that there is damaged wood, you are in bad shape. There is likely a lot more damage elsewhere if you have noticed that there is hollow or damaged wood.
– Bubbling Paint: If you have bubbling paint, it doesn’t always mean that you are dealing with termites. It is also a sign of water damage. However, it is often a sign of termite damage because of the moisture that is produced by the termites. If you notice this sign, you should also look for others to confirm the problem is termites.
– Termite Swarmers & Wings: In the spring months, there are usually flying termites that are known as swarmers that are looking for a new place to build a colony. Once they find a new place, they shed their wings. If you notice flying termites or wings that they have shed, you almost surely have a termite problem nearby.
– Termite Mud Tubes: Subterranean termites live in the ground close to your home rather than in your home. They create small mud tubes on your home’s foundation as a way to travel from their nest to the food source. If you notice these delicate mud tubes on your foundation, it’s time to call in the pest professionals for help.
– Warped Doors & Windows: When there is moisture that accumulates because of termite activity, it can cause problems like warped doors and windows in your home. It can lead to doors and windows that don’t open and close the way that they should.
– Termite Sounds: If a termite infestation is bad enough, you may be able to hear the termites getting to work when they are eating away at your home. This can be a scurrying noise in your walls or even a slight tapping noise.
Termite Inspections & Treatment
If you have noticed any signs of termites in your home, it is important to act quickly. You can turn to Ross Environmental Solutions to help you get rid of any termite issues you may be dealing with. Call us today!