Tips to Prevent Mice & Rats from Entering in Your Marlton, NJ Home & Garage this Fall
Spotting a rodent in your home is alarming. We are all aware of the many diseases that these vermin carry around with them. Not only that, but they can cause serious damage to your home if they are left unattended. Ross Environmental Solutions is here with some tips that will help you keep mice and rats out of your home this fall as the weather cools off and they are looking for a warm place to hide out.
How to Keep Mice Out of Your House & Detached Garage
There are several steps that must be taken to ensure that mice aren’t making their way into your house and garage. Here are some tips to help you avoid this problem.
– Get Rid of Rodent Food Sources: If you have food lying around, then mice and rats are sure to find it. Even if it isn’t food that you eat but is for your pets and even bird seed can attract mice. They will chew their way through any box that may house these foods and so storing them in plastic containers is the best way to keep mice and rats out.
– Keep Your House Clean: The likelihood of you having a mouse problem is greatly reduced when you keep your home clean. This means even the hard places to reach like the sides of your appliances and cabinets where crumbs are likely to fall.
– Seal Openings: Unbelievably enough, mice can fit through an opening that is as small as a dime. A large rat can fit through an opening that is simply the size of a quarter. If you notice any holes or cracks, no matter how small, they need to be sealed to ensure that rodents don’t make their way into your home.
– Reduce Outside Habitat: Trimming up your landscaping on the exterior of your home will eliminate a place for mice and rats to hide out around your home. This will deter them from hanging around, waiting for a chance to sneak inside.
How to Safely Clean & Remove Mouse Dropping from Your Home
If mice have made their way into your home, you need to safely remove any droppings that they may have left behind. Here are some tips to help you get rid of droppings in a safe way.
– Wear gloves that are made out of rubber or another material that can be cleaned in hot water.
– Before removing the droppings, spray them with 3% hydrogen peroxide and then with white vinegar. This will kill 99% of the bacteria found on droppings. You can also use a mixture of bleach and water to effectively remove bacteria from droppings as well.
– Using the same disinfecting combination, clean the area with it after you have safely removed the droppings from the area.
– Wash your hands with disinfecting soap as well as your gloves after you have finished the cleaning process.