Property Damage Caused by Rats & Mice in Burlington, NJ; Mouse Droppings in Attic, Rodents Chewing Wires & More
When you have rats or mice that infest your home there are serious health risks involved. These rodents carry many diseases that can make you extremely ill. However, there are other problems that come from a mouse or rat infestation in your home. These rodents can cause some severe property damage as well. Ross Environmental Solutions is here to talk about some of the home damage that can be caused when rats and mice make their way into your home.
Rat & Mouse Rodent Damage
If you have never had a mouse or rat problem in your home, you may not realize the many risks that come from an infestation. Following are some of the ways that rats and mice may cause sometimes serious damage to your home and belongings.
- Vermin Damage to Personal Property: Mice aren’t fickle when it comes to materials they need to chew on to keep their teeth filed down and gather for the making of their nests. They will chew on wood, books, cloth and even paper.
- Rat Damage to Furniture: Your upholstered furniture is definitely not safe from rodent infestations. They will chew a hole through it and burrow in there to build their nests out of sight.
- Mouse Droppings in Attic Insulation: Insulation is so important in keeping your home both warm and cool. Mice will often tunnel their way through insulation and leave behind their droppings. They will also often gather it because it creates a soft place for them to build their nests.
- Rodents Chewing Wires: Your electrical system is definitely at risk when it comes to rodents. They will chew through wires and create a real fire risk if you don’t catch them soon enough. And because mice spend so much time in the kitchen looking for food to eat, they have been known to chew on the wires of appliances. This can cause lasting damage to your expensive appliances in your home.
- Rodent Damage to Valuables: Mice and rats don’t care if you have valuable belongings. They will chew their way through your finest artwork, family heirlooms and even highly important documents aren’t safe.
Food Contaminated by Mice & Rats
You can’t count on any of the food in your house being safe from rodents. Not only will they chew their way through plastic and cardboard containers that your food is often stored in, but they will leave behind their droppings and urine which poses some serious health risks. You may find that you end up throwing away a great deal of food when you have an infestation on your hands because they have contaminated it all.
If you have spotted rodents of any kind in your home, you need to act quickly. These vermin reproduce at an alarming rate and one can turn into an infestation quickly. At Ross Environmental Solutions, we have the training and expertise to eradicate even the worst rodent infestation. Call us today!